As the 7.3L trucks get older, oil pan leaks get more and more common. One of the most frequent sources of oil pan leaks is from the factory dipstick adapter in the side of the oil pan. We've seen a number of interesting repairs on the stock dipstick adapter, most involving some sort of sealant like silicone...and some even involving epoxy type products like JBWeld. We've also seen the dipstick adapter nut over-tightened to the point of distorting the adapter inside the pan (in such a way that it would never seal again, even with a new o-ring).
Whether you've got an oil leak now, or you're building a new engine and don't want to deal with one in the future, this Dipstick Adapter Repair kit is the once and for all solution! This kit completely eliminates the stock dipstick adapter, replacing it with a new machined aluminum adapter that features a double o-ring seal on the OUTSIDE of the oil pan. This kit can be installed with the oil pan still on the engine, and the engine still in the truck. Best of all, if the o-rings in this kit should ever leak, this adapter can be quickly and easily removed and reinstalled with new o-rings...all from outside the oil pan!
- Billet Aluminum Adapter (US Sourced T6061)
- Machined Steel Backing Plate/Brace (1018 Cold Rolled Bar Stock)
- ALL Machining and Assembly in US Facility by US Workers!
- Stainless Steel Screws with Copper Sealing Washers
- Double O-Ring Set for a Positive Seal
- Installs Quickly Without Oil Pan or Engine Removal
- Quickly and Easily Serviced If Necessary
- Fits ALL Ford 7.3L Trucks, Excursions and Vans
- Correct New Ford Dipstick Tube O-Ring
- Detailed Full Color Installation Instructions.
- Patented Design - US Patents : #9,285,259 & #9,671,272