Once installed, the Derringer Results in torque and power gains across the entire operating rpm range, starting right off idle and marching to the shift point in each gear. Derringer is dyno calibrated to use multiple data inputs such as throttle position, rpm, vehicle speed, AFR, knock, coolant temperature, and EGT, just like your engine's ECM. It actively and safely optimizes calibrations in real-time, thanks to its OBD-II connectivity. No competitive tuner does that.
Derringer has six levels, adjustable on-the-fly using the iDash. Level 6 produces best-in-class performance. Level 3 is designed for work use and has a great mid-range feel. When running Level 3 with a loaded truck or pulling a trailer, your on-ramp merging speeds and passing times are greatly improved.
The electronics are enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed and communicates with other Banks devices such as our iDash DataMonster, iDash SuperGauge, and PedalMonster throttle booster. The Derringer connects in line with your truck's engine sensors. But unlike other tuners, it also connects to the vehicle's OBD-II diagnostic bus.
ActiveSafety health monitoring circuitry keeps an eye on the vehicle and the module itself. It checks its health 100 times a second. If it detects an issue, the Derringer instantly bypasses itself, sets a device diagnostic code, and seamlessly returns the truck to stock power. Plus, Derringer's special coolant temp monitoring prevents power addition when the engine is too cold or overheated. The Derringer also auto-adjusts power if a knock occurs due to the wrong fuel. Maximum safe control is all automatic with a Derringer — you choose your preferred power level and enjoy the ride.
- Adds up to 72 hp and 148 lb-ft (2011-2014)
- Adds up to 61 hp and 120 lb-ft (2015-2016)
- Adds up to 59 hp and 106 lb-ft (2017-2019)
- The driver can change six power levels on the fly via iDash. Each level adds approximately 12-14 horsepower
- Simple plug-and-play installation with easy removal for dealer service
- Interfaces with OBD-II Port (On-Board Diagnostics) to communicate with vehicle's ECM
- Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECM
- Works while in cruise-control
- automate tunes in real-time using vehicle diagnostics
- ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
- Transcommand protects transmission
- Real-time bar graph displays Derringer's added power
- iDash displays dozens of temps, pressures, speeds, and info your dashboard doesn't
- iDash displays five customizable pages of 2-8 gauges per page
- DPF regen status, DEF level, displayed
- iDash logs up to 100 parameters at 20hz.
- Supplied SD card stores hundreds of hours of data logs
- Data logs can be viewed right on the iDash or transferred to a computer for analysis
- iDash logs up to 20 min/max values with customizable alerts
- Update Derringer firmware, calibration through iDash using microSD card
Emissions Compliant: D-161-127